THE ANAISHOLA CHRONICLE - latest news & Reviews!



We had the pleasure of meeting popular Children and Young Adult author Ms. Leela Gour Broome. This was a session that the students were excited about and were eagerly waiting for, and this was most definitely worth it.

The session itself was wonderful,as Ms. Leela Broome took us on a vivid journey, on her latest book The ANAISHOLA CHRONICLE. 
She kept our youngsters enthralled with her experiences of nature in the wilderness and life on the South Indian tea plantations based in a remote area aptly named High Wavy's. She brought the book alive, and seeing every photograph and the passion with which she spoke, made one feel every thought and emotion that went into the writing of this book.
It talks of Myna and her friend who are on holiday at an abandoned tea planation. The plot itself is mysterious and the children are keen to find out what exactly is going on. The book is in the fiction category, but also gives a rich description of the culture and beliefs of the people that live there.

Her book is ideal for our students of English, Std VII and VIII, (MYPIB 1 & 2) as it introduces the history of the tea plant and its gradual introduction to the South of the country, life on the remote plantations in the mid twentieth century, and all this intertwined with a mystery story for teenagers. We have decided to incorporate the book as reading material for this coming year and look forward to enjoying her exciting outdoor tale. 

Ms. Maria Mistry
Teacher - MYP English & Integrated Humanities
Coordinator - Service & Action  
Mercedes- Benz International School,
Hinjewadi, 
Pune 411057

(Thank you, Ms. Mistry, for your exciting news! The readers reviews were excellent! Please thank them again, for their wonderful feedback, which I shall add, in stages, along with pictures, for all my fans to enjoy! Cheers! )


Photo credits: Dr. Arul Nathan, High Wavy's, Woodbriar Group. Tamil Nad.

Here are some AWESOME REVIEWS - thank you students of MBIS, Hinjewadi, for writing in, and doing my book great justice!


Ananya
-       I liked how Myna was determined to know about the incident years ago.
-       I appreciate how the author described every scenario in the book.
-       The main thing I enjoyed was about how the author went through the mystery about the murder in the forest.
I learned a little bit about how people work in the tea estates. The book also talks about different types of tea.

Ilaan ***
     I really appreciate the amount of description in the book. For every scenario, I was able to visualize every scene in my head and I was able to feel every emotion the characters must be feeling.
     The determination Myna had to find the mystery of the murder was extremely intense. It made me feel really scared and I wanted her to fall back every time.
     I learned about the tea estates of the south and a little bit close up about how things were in those days. It makes me proud of my country, the way we recovered from those times.

Rahil
     The book unfolds as you read along giving more details about the setting, place, and characters.

     Every chapter has a vast amount of description and tells the story well.

     The characters have a lot of emotion and character to them
Every chapter has many new and complex words that increases vocabulary. The book also has lots of information about tea estates and about life living on it.

Harshita ***
     I really liked the setting of the book as I have not read many books located in India and I also like the way the book is very descriptive and interesting
I learned information about tea estates and how it's not a easy job to manage a tea estate as it seems easy but it's not.

Ira ***
     The book is an interesting and hooking book because of the clues and foreshadowing the author included in each chapter.
     One thing that stood out was the amount of description and imagery the author had written. I was able to picture every scene in my head and therefore the book was more enjoyable.
     I also like the way the author had incorporated her culture and some south Indian words in the book which adds a personal finish to the book.
Overall the book was different than anything I have read before, and it had unexpected twists that lured the reader to read more.
I learned a lot about tea farms and the history of Anaishola. I also learned many tamil words. Another thing I liked about the book was that in the back of the book she gave the glossary and also some recipes of tea which is something interactive.
The only thing that I didn’t like very much about the book was that how Indian adapted the book was. This caused a little trouble in understanding the grammar and language and the words. But overall it was not a big issue.

Comments