MORE REVIEWS FOR BOTH BOOKS:





Here's one from 11year-old Hiya Kilam, Mumbai...
Dear Madam,
This is Hiya Kilam. I recently visited your lovely farmhouse near Pune. As you must have remembered, I bought the book, 'Flute In The Forest' from you and promised to write a review. Well, here it goes:

Flute In The Forest is an enchanting, excellent and beautiful narration of Atiya's adventures in the forest. The way each incident is described in the book is just too good. The way Atiya secretly learns the flute against her wishes has a strong message 'You can do anything in this world if you have the passion and guts to do it'. I was speechless after reading this book. I was lucky to have met the author of this marvellous book. The thing I liked the most in the entire story is the small suspense and the magic of Atiya's memorising flute. 
This is a story which no matter how many times you read, you can never get bored. I have been telling many friends of mine about this story and am myself waiting to read your other books as well.

Thank You!


Regards,
Hiya

Thank you Hiya, for your valuable review!  :)  Read my second book :RED KITE ADVENTURE, its very different from FLUTE IN THE FOREST, but I think if you read the next review, you may just feel like getting this one too! 
                                                                                   ***

And another from a highly regarded journalist, Gouri Athale, Pune........

Hi! RED KITE ADVENTURE just finished. such fun! 
Read it in one sitting! Easy read, great fun and now I can claim I too can make kites (courtesy instructions!) Thank you!! For a very pleasant evening (spent reading). A page turner, Leela! 

Thank you,Gouri Athale, for your cheery ego-boosting review!
                                                                                    ***
And here's one received yesterday, from Vaishnavi Shenoy of Global School......

HELLO! I HAVE READ YOUR AT LEAST 3-4 TIMES. I USED TO WONDER WHAT FASCINATED ME TO READ THE BOOK ONCE AGAIN, EVERY TIME I READ THE STORY, I UNDERSTOOD ATHIYA MORE.THE FOREST THAT LURES HER IN , THE DETAILS OF THE FORGOTTEN FOREST IN THE SOUTH,AND THE HAUNTING NOTES OF THE FLUTE WAS A TRUE BLISS FOR A TEENAGER LIKE ME . I JUST READ YOUR PREFACE MENTIONING CREATIVITY, PLANTATION,COOKING AND WESTERN MUSIC! I LOVE MUSIC VERY MUCH. HERE, THE SONGS OF THIS GENERATION HAVE BEEN EITHER VERY DOLEFUL OR CRANKY.      HOW ABOUT YOU MA'AM, WHAT MUSIC SHOULD I PICK UP ? THE STRINGS IN MY HOUSE SCREAMS," PLAY ME,PLAY ME!"
TALKING ABOUT NATURE , MY MOTHER LOVES THE GREEN COVER .SHE MIGHT EVEN PIN YOU DOWN, TWIST YOUR HAND AND SHE MAKES SURE THAT YOU LOVE AND BREATHE NATURE LIKE HER!
GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN THERE WHERE FAIRIES AND FANTASIES , ATHIYA THE NEW AND DIFFERENTLY - ABLED GIRL SHOWS HER WORLD THAT THERE IS MAGIC IN THE SARDARE FOREST , YOU OUTTA FIND IT!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
VINCI STELLA KRISTINA , WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY!

Thank you Vaishnavi/Vinci, I enjoyed your comments on FLUTE IN THE FOREST.  I promise you, there will be more........keeping fingers crossed!
                                                                              ***



Comments