INTERVIEWS / REVIEWS / COMMENTS & more

Interviews - Pune TIMES Mirror


Thank you Ashwin Khan of the Pune TIMES Mirror for a fun interview!



Thank you Ambika Shaligram for a great cup of coffee and a super interview at the SAKAL Office!


Review in the ASIAN AGE for   RED KITE ADVENTURE
  


 http://www.rivokids.com/rivoblog/red-kite-adventure
Here's the link to a RivoKids Colouring Contest. Its super to see the number of entries you're sending in Young Readers, WAY TO GO! I look forward to signing your book prizes and perhaps meeting some of you at the various schools I will be conducting sessions at in a couple of months!


There is a Facebook link to it too - https://www.facebook.com/RivoKidsPage/?fref=ts

RED KITE ADVENTURE
Its on the stands - check it out! 
Also on the PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE FACEBOOK Page and Twitter.


The Book Launch at Crosswords, Aundh was great fun. 

                                   A large enthusiastic and fun audience with plenty of                                         parents and children attended. We had a short Reading                                     session, with Zoya and Nakshatra, 10+,  both reading a                                 couple of pages, loud and clear, and then I read a few more lines.









We made some beautiful kites, and gave prizes for everyone who made one.
Thank you for attending and making the programme a success.
I look forward to spending some time conducting Book Readings and Launches in cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad Delhi and Chennai in the next few months. 

The book is available in most good bookshops, as well as on Flipkart and Amazon both as hard copy and as an ebook! 

Begin your Adventure today!

......

And then, ofcourse, my eyes are down for Book No.3....but more of my plans later. I look forward to your Views, Reviews, Comments and interaction, and also perhaps to meet some of you at the various venues that I'll be conducting Book Readings and Book Launches over the next few months!

CHEERS!
**
Reviews have begun coming in!
Here's one from an avid reader in Kolkata:


You will be surprised to read that a woman in her seventies (me)  read, and enjoyed, your book, ‘Red Kite Adventure’ very much!

I have been increasingly concerned about the trend of violence that is encouraged by all mediums and activities in our society. Children are especially vulnerable, and unless our future generations are allured into healthy attitudes and ideals, the global strife will only worsen, making the world a living hell for humans and other species.

You had given a talk at Bangalore’s Atta Galata bookshop. My niece, Sonali Bhatia, had attended it, liked very much what you said, and procured this book for me. I picked it up without expecting anything very much, but as I read on, I felt increasingly involved. At the end, I looked back on such a happy, positive tale that an unbidden prayer arose, asking for many, many more such positive books be written and may they become so popular that children no longer want to read the negative ‘literature’ filled with anger and violence!

Books, movies and games that promote goodwill and the right values are an urgent need that few people realize or bother about. I admire you for not falling into the rut of populist themes and creating a delightful story that would appeal to any child anywhere!
Purnima Toolsidass, Kolkata
May 2016

More Reviews from readers .......Mriguja Bijurkar writes from Chennai -

I must say that when i was finishing the book…I was feeling sad that its getting over..how I wished that the story would go on and on…It was indeed captivating and loved the way way in which you have narrated the story…the language is simple..I could visualise the entire story..the characters..everything …if the kids read it..they will love it. Also there are so many lessons to learn…Attiya was unstoppable despite her handicap..so our stoppages are all in the mind. Love and acceptance can transform even a wild elephant:) I feel you should write more such stories..

Aaryan is on the last chapter…I am trying to inspire his friends to read. His friend is taking the book tomorrow to read.

Happy writing!!!

****
Also awaiting another from a very recent reader of 11 yrs, Hiya Kilam...coming up shortly....



Comments