FLUTE IN THE FOREST : A taste of my first book.



RUSKIN BOND WRITES: 'A charming story, full of incident and good feeling. Atiya's flute has a special magic of its own....thirteen year old Atiya will win the hearts of young readers. Although physically handicapped, her adventurous spirit takes her on lonely rambles into the wildlife sanctuary. She knows the ways of the jungle and its creatures great and small...'
           (Thank you Ruskin Bond, for such a lovely review!)


***
I wrote this story in 2010, after years of nurturing the outline since I was fourteen - but until I'd understood the forest, lived there, and interacted with nature for several years, I couldnt write this tale with conviction. 
Finally, I can say it loud and clear, its 'alive! and I keep receiving reviews from young readers who have loved the story and have actually 'heard' the music of Atiya's flute.
I hope you do too!

***
Do read my Post on 'A Recent Interview' for further information about me.

Comments